Finance clerks are Profesional in the field of financing who have a wide range of responsibilities. Primarily Finance clerk’s major responsibilities are to update records, carefully tracking raw information.
- Grade 12 certificate with relevant financial subjects
- Ability to understand, interpreting and correctly apply financially policies.
- Sound knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations, as well as knowledge of Financial Management Systems, will serve as a strong recommendation.
- Computer literate in MS Office software packages
- Scrutinize, verify, register and couple medical and supplier invoices for payment.
- Strictly apply policies, prescriptions and regulations. Detect and report on all irregularities.
- Safekeeping of payment and other accounting documentation for audit purposes.
- Utilise the Financial Management System (FMS) to regularly record all accounting transactions and do enquiries.
- Performing of cashier duties by paying out of cash advances, administering of claims on the Central Advance System and capturing of all related accounting transactions on the FMS.
how to apply for a finance clerk post
Applications must be submitted to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X 137,Pretoria, 0001 or
applications may be hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception
CLOSING DATE: 10 January 2020 16:00