Developing career in fire fighting is exciting, but it is also very dangerous career path. If you feel that you are the type of person who can run to a burning building, or to save a person from car leaking fuel that may go up at any second, then you are probably right fit for fire fighting career.
The main objective of fire fighters is to protect people and properties from uncontrolled fire. fire fighters are mainly responsible for providing assistance in events of disasters such as earthquakes, vehicle accidents, burning buildings and train derailments.
The training is physical demanding , when considering career in fight fighting you must be physical fit.
- 18 years or older
- Grade 12 (Mathematics and Physical Science an advantage)
- Physically and mentally fit (evaluations will be conducted)
- Must not be claustrophobic (have a fear of enclosed spaces)
- Must not be acrophobia (have a fear of heights)
- High level of discipline
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to manage traumatic and stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
Institution to develop career in fire fighting
Emcare Training Acedemy is health and safety training institution in South Africa.
Southern African Fire services Institute is one of the institute situated in South Africa.
You can also start fire fighting Career through learnership programme. They are often conducted by Cape town fire and rescue services, and they will advertise the programmes as application open.
If you can work under pressure in extremely dangerous condition then fire fighting is the best career for you.
Thanks for visiting ZA JOB PORTAL please call again