Funza Lushaka application overview
The Funza Lushaka application is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable eligible students to complete a teaching qualification in an area of national priority.
Please note that there are a limited number of new bursaries available for 2020.
New applicants are advised to also pursue other funding opportunities such as NSFAS.
The outcome of the selection process will be available from the University not later than 30 April 2020.
Re-applications close on 16 November 2019;
New applications close on 11 January 2020.
- he bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public University. The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialization in the teaching qualification.
- Please note that you are responsible for paying your registration fee, awaiting the outcome of the bursary application. Paying for the registration fee, does not mean you will receive the bursary.